Oh man, I love Tai Po so much. April 26, 2015

Hello fam!!!

oh man, I love Tai Po so much.

About 2 months ago, when Sister Anderson and I first got here, we met an 18 year old girl named Helen Jyu who believes in Confuscious. we met with her once and taught her about God and Jesus Christ and she couldn't believe it. But we invited her to pray. We kept in contact with her just as a friend, helping her learn english sometimes over the phone, but we always kept praying for her. finally, last week, she had time to meet us. we saw her FOUR times! she said she had been praying to God since she first met us, and she's starting to believe! she came to church (and so did a referral named Taco. this might be an unrighteous reason, but i really want to baptise a Taco.), and just felt so much peace and happiness from all the members. and that night, she came to Bishop's house with us, members, and Bobo! it was the happiest moments of all our lives, seriously! we had a family home evening, us missionaries sang a song (me and my comp, the elders, and our mandarin sisters (Sister Wu)) (and then we sat at the piano and played/sang some songs i brought, so fuuuuuuuuun), and Bobo shared about her conversion story. she shared about the Light of Christ, and how she feels it within her. I've honestly never seen Bobo as happy as she was today. she has completely changed.

Helen, on the other hand, had the BEST time of her life. she is super good friends with Bobo now, all the members, and loved everything! She doesn't understand A LOT about church, because she doesn't even know who Jesus Christ is. but, she has felt His love. She has felt the Holy Ghost. After we left Bishop's home, Helen said she felt like she was with family. she was so happy and very eager to meet us again. The gospel brings true happiness to all! The kind of love we feel in the gospel of Jesus Christ is deeper than any kind of love.
I've been learning the greatest lesson here in Tai Po, and it's about work. I've always been the missionary who works hard and is very diligent. work, work work. But I realized, work is more than being busy. but rather, work is BUILDING. Building trust in God, building the love of God, building faith in God, and building people of God.
This gospel is true! We find true, eternal happiness in Jesus Christ. Happiness that never ends. :) It all starts with prayer and keeping the commandments of God.

Love, Sister Bosler



Notes back & forth from home:
wow. Salads in a jar are beautiful. that would be like 60 dollars here haha!
can't wait to get pictures!!!! woo hoo!!! I'm going to the office today so i hope they are there :)

you are so great. haha a member gave me a GRAPEFRUIT AND LEMON from HOME?!??!?! do not tell me Bishop Chan got that in HK from our tree??!?!?!?! i was dying. our member was so confused. hahaha you guys are hilarious.

i looooooove the oils and literally use it every day! everyone in my apt got super sick, including my companion, except for me and i think it's because i drink some green powder every day and eat on guard.

buuuuuuuut I'm still feeling sooooo disgusting and unhealthy because l.iterally, the only greens i ever get is my drink every morning; a half of scoop of powder! the rest is just some green pepper and onion/ broccoli with tofu or in tuna or something. and then we eat out bc my comp loves eating out, and i get the greasiest curry noodles.... it's pretty sad. but whats even more sad is how much it makes me sad eating unhealthy and gaining weight. it makes me daydream sometimes of eating healthy again and exercising--SO BAD!!! I'm praying and trying not think those thoughts and to just get over myself! haha missionary problems are funny. anyway, thanks for being so awesome!!! You're the best! everyone loves pictures of you. HK people really admire healthy people! some members found my FB... it was SOOO embarrassing for me haha!
hahaha no problem! he's more important! that's so cool you talk for so long!!!
wow so nice of you to send something yesterday. thanks Mom!

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 1:22 PM, Kim Bosler <kimbosler@mac.com> wrote:
O my gosh I was talking to Jason for an hour and a half and missed writing you! But I just sent you something in the mail yesterday!

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 26, 2015, at 10:18 PM, Karli Bosler <karli.bosler@myldsmail.net> wrote:

cute!!!!!! woo hoo!!

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 6:36 AM, Kim Bosler <kimbosler@mac.com> wrote:
And talked to the sister missionaries! They were so adorable😊😊😊
I love being a Mormon!
I'm so proud of you and happy for you❤️
Love,
Mom

oh man, he for sure wrote about that! he loved that! I had a similar experience last night, but hopefully not getting transferred this thursday!

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 1:26 PM, Kim Bosler <kimbosler@mac.com> wrote:
Transfers are Tuesday! 😒 it's so hard when missionaries leave! We sat at the piano and sang duets tonight – his voice is absolutely amazing. The best tenor ever! He's been in musicals and everything. Anyway we really miss our missionaries when they leave so I can only imagine what it's like for your people in Hong Kong!

hahaha!

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 1:28 PM, Kim Bosler <kimbosler@mac.com> wrote:
Tyler always wants to play with us out in the court. He just needs a body to stand there while he dribbles around us and shoots! LOL


On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 1:38 PM, Kim Bosler <kimbosler@mac.com> wrote:
Aw!!! I know what you mean about how sick it makes you feel when you eat unhealthy. I was going to eat only salads and fish and fruit on the cruise but there were so many desserts and fatty things that I think I gained 10 pounds! I felt horrible after a week of indulgence and I was so swollen when I got home - I stepped on the scale and weighed as much as I did when I delivered Tyler from the hospital! But now I've just been eating salads and exercising outside again and feel so much better.

 I will send you a blender and some more green powders and chia seeds if you want. I think it's just as important to feel healthy physically as it is spiritually. Today in stake conference the general authorities wife said that always before we eat a meal we ask to bless the hands that prepared it and also that the food will nourish and strengthen our bodies. She likened that to the Scriptures. Before we read the Scriptures we can say a prayer and bless the hands that wrote and preserved them and to help it's message to nourish and strengthen our spirit.

Anyway the mind and body and spirit are all connected. I am going to pray that you can feel healthy and get the exercise and nutrition that you need so that you can feel good physically, spiritually, emotionally, and mentally. You are amazing and touch so many peoples lives for the better and uplift as all here at home. I love you so much Karli!

Mom

YOU ARE SO AWESOME!!!! haha love the emojis! yay!!! my bishops wife always says i need to be her daughters companion (she's serving in HK) because she wants her to become skinny lol. it's funny. it's funny because i get looked down upon for trying to stay healthy instead just buying cheap bread fast on the street or greasy noodles or mcdonalds. i wish i wasn't so high maintenance like that! But to me it's only part of living the word of wisdom! haha man. funny. it's a really good lesson learned though. healthy eating isn't everything, it's more of making other people happy by liking their food, and making something in common with other missionaries. those moments are great! but i would looooooove a blender sooooo much. its funny, chinese people are so straight forward; last night we were at Bishop's, and me, other chinese missionaries and the elders were weighing ourselves and guessing what people would weigh. then we ate SOOOO much food (including salmon from NORWAY!! now THAT was healthy and amazing!!!!!!) and weighted ourselves AFTER, and i had eaten 2 pounds of food and Sister Wu had eaten 3! it was the funniest thing ever. the chinese will also call people fat to their face. some people are even named "Fat boy" haha.

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 1:43 PM, Kim Bosler <kimbosler@mac.com> wrote:
OK I think it's important 😊 Then you can have green smoothies in the morning and whenever you want to feel good and have energy. LOL then when you go out to dinner you won't feel like you have to fill up on greasy noodles 😜 I would love to send you a blender and I will send you some more greens. ❌⭕️❌⭕️❌πŸ‘πŸ’—πŸŽΆ‼️πŸŽπŸπŸŠπŸ‹πŸ’πŸ‡πŸ‰πŸ“πŸ‘πŸˆπŸŒπŸπŸπŸ πŸ†πŸ…πŸŒ½

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 26, 2015, at 10:39 PM, Karli Bosler <karli.bosler@myldsmail.net> wrote:

seriously?! I don't know, whatever you think! if you want.... that would be so cool but i feel so bad and annoying! wow... those veggies... CRAVING!!!! so awesome!!! !
so cool! missionaries don't have time like that though, or money. but so awesome!!! they are way cool!!


i just feel super high maintenance eating healthy here and spending money on food because NO missionaries are like that! that's such a cool analogy, i looooove it!
thank you for teaching me to be healthy haha.


On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 1:49 PM, Kim Bosler <kimbosler@mac.com> wrote:
YOU teach ME to be healthy!! You've always had way more willpower than me. I can't believe you went four years without any sugar! I was just unbelievable. And all of the wonderful nutritious recipes you would make while you were here. I love doing that now too. But I know for sure when I sugar how yucky I feel afterwards.

Anyway never ever ever feel high maintenance when it comes to eating healthy. It always takes a little more time to treat our bodies like a temple. And deep down you actually inspire people. I know Diana Lowe makes those "salads in a jar" and she spends three hours every Sunday making all of her salads for the week in mason jars! She says it's part of keeping the Sabbath and her body holy! Haha

Now Julie Lowe makes her "salads in a jar" every Sunday too because believe it or not she and brother Lowe are on the verge of developing adult diabetes. Can you believe that? And that is just from eating a regular SAD diet. (Standard American Diet!)


Sister Wu loves eating healthy! she is SOOO cute! she might be transferred this thursdya and I'm so sad! She said she'll miss me for my dicer ;) haha! and guess what! I looked in the kitchen today, and she was soaking BEANS!!!

how do i soak dried beans??! how long and in boiled water? please share!! :)

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 1:54 PM, Kim Bosler <kimbosler@mac.com> wrote:
I know missionaries don't have that kind of time for sure. And I think you will be blessed for the times when you are making others feel good by eating their food. That's important I know. But I will definitely be sending you greens since it's so time-consuming to purchase and wash and prepare them fresh.😊


No comments:

Post a Comment