This week has been so wonderful! Very Grateful this Thanksgiving! (November 23rd, 2014)

Hi! :)

This week has been SOOOO WONDERFUL!!!! Me and Sister Richardson having been learning so much, and working so well together.

First of all, I just want to say how happy and grateful I was yesterday. Bishop asked me to bear my testimony during Sacrament! WOO! I loved having that opportunity. As I looked at the ward, I remembered my very first sunday in Hong Kong, with my testimony written on a peace of paper in my hands, my speech slow and very robotic. And I remember looking at all these Asians who all looked the same....freaking out. Haha. Well then this time, as I looked out at all of them, I saw each person I love so much, and saw how much this ward has grown, too. Wow, it was incredible. I saw people who sacrifice much of their time to help the Lord in sharing His gospel, I saw leaders who have taught me SO much through their selfless example, I saw those who are developing faith to come back to church, those who are just finding out what this gospel even is all about. And it was such a beautiful moment! This ward truly has grown, and I'm so grateful for the opportunity to serve and love them. During Relief Society, our teacher, Sister Tong, put up a picture of 2 happy girls, and started saying how they reminded her of me and Sister Richardson, and kept going on and on about the happiness of sister missionaries and their love for people. Then Sister Wan started commenting about all we've done to help the ward, and after that, people kept coming up to us, thanking us, and even giving us food. (you guys- I ate a whole piece of some kind of coconut pie! aw man.) hahaha. I just couldn't get over how grateful I felt to be able to help Pok Fu Lam! I keep praying I'll be here for a long time, because I really have a family here. These members in the ward strengthen each other, love each other, and help each other come closer to Christ. Moroni 6 to the dot! :) I love it here. I'm so grateful God has let me serve Him in this area.
oh! I even saw Helen yesterday and she ran up to me and hugged me forever. And guess what-- I understood her!!! WHAT?!?! Haha it was SO cool! Yesssssssssss!!!!! 

I'm so grateful for all the love the Lord has allowed me to feel and to express. I love these people!!!! :) :) :) But the most important thing, I truly love my Savior, Jesus Christ. His Atonement helps me everyday. I know God hears our prayers. He has answered mine over and over again. I invite you all to re-find your testimony of our Savior. You will be amazed by how God will always answer you, again and again.

LOVE YOU! Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Love, Sister Bosler
PS  hi mom!!! do you have an easy stuffing recipe?? need it now haha!!! our thanksgiving is depending on this recipe! ;)


Note from mom:

Yes I do!! Ok put one onion and 2 cups of diced celery in a pan with one stick of butter and sauté. Then you can add a variety of things if you would like. (Like mushrooms, sausage, apples, artichokes, seafood, chestnuts, etc. but I just like it with onions and celery.)
After the vegetables are tender – Chris, add 2 cups of chicken broth to a stuffing mix. I just use a 12 ounce bag of Pepperidge Farms bread cubes that are already seasoned. If you don't have any kind of stuffing mix in Hong Kong, then you have to cut an entire loaf of white bread up into tiny cubes and let dry for two or three days until they are hard as rocks. Then you would add it to the onions, celery and butter and broth and mix in a tablespoon of sage a teaspoon of salt, half a teaspoon of pepper, 1 teaspoon of thyme, and 1/2 teaspoon rosemary.
You can either stuff your turkey with it or you can just put it in a 9 x 13 pan and bake it at 350 for 40 minutes.


Notes from friends & family:

From Ann Millward: 
Thanks you, Kim!
Love is bursting out all over...!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Love,
Ann Millward


From Bishop Chan (Karli's bishop in Hong Kong)

Sister Bosler,

Your daughter bore a pure cantonese and spiritual uplifting testimony in our ward on Sunday, other members told me that Sister Bosler has very fluent Cantonese and choices of words, and of course we all felt her love and passion towards our investigators and the gospel, on the other hand, I also observed  she sometimes has deeper thought as a Trainer, probably thinking or worrying/rejoicing about her companion, investigators, less active members or other daily chores, I believe she is ready to be an effective instrument in the Lord Kingdom, I saw she and her companion literally attract various kinds of people into the church recently.

Thank you for your good example and your faithfulness in the gospel.  We don’t know when she will have the next transfer but we definitely desire her to stay with us longer, because she’s part of our ward and we all treasure her presence.

Fond regards,
Bishop Chan

From Wael Ali:

What an amazing human being Karli is. All your kids are so amazing. You should be so proud for raising such wonderful kids. If for nothing else you should feel you have succeeded and accomplished what any person wants the most in this life which is to raise wonderful family. The foundation if any family is the mother and your family has the best and strongest foundation.

 From Lei Putney:

Thanks, Kim, I so love to hear the joy in Karli's letters!  Also, I would
love to have your simple stuffing recipe too!  Love, Lei :)


From Grandma Thomas:
I love that girl of yours and MINE too.  She is an incredible missionary and she really is where the lord wants her to be.  Always thanks for her letters.  XXOO mom







No comments:

Post a Comment