And I Went Forth! November 19, 2014

Hello loves ! :)

I know I just emailed on thursday, but once again, so much has happened! Loving it.

1: I know I always talk about how much I love members, BUT I REALLY DO. Especially now that we can joke around and communicate better! And especially now that they trust me with people they are worried about, give us responsibilities, and have the faith to spread the gospel. love. them.

Last Sunday Angel, our LA we have been working with forever who now takes notes in church, comes to everything, and even brings food to random things! haha woo hoo! Anyway, for some reason she made her own "seui gau"--which are dumplings, and another member made "tohng seui" which is made out of bitter congee and other stuff (sometimes egg, nuts, and things i don't recognize haha). SO GOOD THOUGH. i seriously am changing here, it's crazy. I love the Chinese culture soo much! you're all missin out. ;) but then the Lord remembers to constantly humble me through ways other than sounding so silly with the language... for example, at church, i went up to go play piano, but i had just realized my foot had fallen asleep. i was sitting between 2 LAs, and so i wanted everything to run smoothly, but literally tripped and fell FOUR TIMES- twice ON one Less Active! everyone was so confused.. oh well.

Well, the other night we had an incredible lesson with an investigator we've been teaching for a few weeks now, named Cinny. I was SOOOOO PROUD of Sister Richardson, because she asked the most awesome questions that were totally inspired by the spirit! It was such a cool moment--one of those times when you witness the missionary discerning the investigator's needs, the spirit guiding the missionary, and the spirit testifying to the investigator of truth. i love love love that process. It's really special because right now we have 2 investigators who have one main question: Is this church true? I LOVE THAT QUESTION!!! I know with all my heart that if someone wants to know truth, they will find it. All they have to do is ask and search. Joseph Smith's experience is so great because he too, like millions of others, wanted truth. And he found it through searching and asking God. Our Heavenly Father is so loving and so powerful--all He wants for us is to use this tiny bit of faith or this tiny little portion of curiosity and sincerely ask if this is true or not. Many times people on the street will feel a stirring within their hearts, or they'll start crying and not know why, or they'll feel so much respect towards us--but they'll turn away from it all. Please never turn away from the promptings of the Holy Ghost! The Holy Ghost is the most precious gift the Lord has given us. It helps us know truth, feel love, feel comfort, receive power to endure, and so much more. It shows me where to go and gives me the words to say. Many times, I don't even notice the guidance of the HG until I search for it that night. I'm so grateful for this gift God has given us!

One miracle is i've been trying to listen to the Holy Ghost and discern the needs of not any investigators, but my companion. All I want to do is help her love  this work more than anything. I pray for her constantly, am aware of her constantly, because I perfectly remember how hard the beginning of a mission is here in Hong Kong, China. Last night she opened up a lot... I'm so grateful the Lord gave me the words to say and the scriptures to share in hopes of helping her. Pray for my beautiful companion Sister Richardson! She is trying SO hard! I love that about her--she's very responsible and gets the job done. And even if she is feeling sick, she'll still continue the work. What an incredible quality!! Being in a companionship you didn't pick for yourself is honestly one of the most special opportunities we have as missionaries. I LEARN SO MUCH! haha love it!

Well I'm still loving this work SO MUCH!!! Sometimes Sister Richardson thinks I'm the weirdest person ever because I get so overly excited about sharing the gospel. haha i think I get moments like that from Dad, celebrating the little, precious moments in life! :)

I LOVE YOU!! Keep reading the Book of Mormon! Try going to the asian market sometime and trying some fun asian foods. stay away from dried sardines though, i still hate that. especially when we're finding in ghetto "tsuens" and i see all these dried mushrooms and fish laying ON THE GROUND outside, waiting to be stuck in bags and sold on the street. haha nasty. so yeah, go to an asian market sometime! ;) love you!

love always, Sister Bosler


When Sister Smith and I went on exchanges, we walked up a hill instead of taking the bus, and got to see this view. LOVE IT! :)







 and here's Sham Shui Po :) fun fun crazy HK!
When Sister Smith and I went on exchanges, we walked up a hill instead of taking the bus, and got to see this view. LOVE IT! :)

Dear Kim and Bruce

Congratulations on Karli's new assignment !!
I am happy to know that she is making the world a kinder place to live, and she looks always so happy.  Also nice to know she is learning the different culture and seems she is doing very well
about it.

Sorry, I have to miss your Thanksgiving dinner...

Love,  Toshie Drury

Kim,
We love to read Karli's letters! She is so great! We saw the missionaries in a Cancun ward on Sunday. It was so fun to talk to them and think about our sweet nieces on their missions.
We are having a great time! This place is so beautiful! We went to this waterpark called Xplor yesterday. It was incredible! They had dozens of zip lines, Miles of underwater caverns where you could swim paddle these little boats. They had ATV side by sides that you drive around on these trails, and an all-you-can-eat buffet with awesome food. You would have enjoyed that chia seed orange or the spinach parsley apple pineapple drink. We started the day with an awesome smoothie bar. We were so tired by the end of the day, but we slept great and Julia dragged me out of bed for yoga, and while she stayed for Zumba class I hit the pool for a great swim.
We're off, but I wanted you to know how much fun we're having and how much we appreciate you. We love you and can't wait to see you at thanksgiving or Christmas whichever one you're coming for.
Love, Derick and Julia

Thanks so much for sharing, Kim!

Karli is a precious angel passing God's thoughts wherever she goes.  As I read her words I could hear her mother's voice.  You, too, are love in action!

Ann Millward

From MOM:

Dear Karli,

I love you so much. I already sent you a letter but wanted to include some pictures. Yesterday we had a blast taking Becky & Tim's family pictures. I have a thumb drive for them - but I just wanted to give you a little peek at these pictures. We took these at the same place that Mary took your Precious Promises CD pictures!!  And the fall leaves are just gorgeous too. I don't know which pictures Becky will choose but all I know is that all of the photos are so cute it will be very hard to pick!

After the pictures we went to "Grandma's House" and we had a Chinese Dinner with chopsticks, and all decorated up. Debi surprised me and bought a super cute centerpiece and some Chinese desserts to go along with the dinner. It was so much fun. Dad gave out his Chinese presents to the boys (the boys all loved their presents except for poor Eli. I don't know why dad gave him a pencil! LOL  He immediately said, "I don't like this one!"  And Andrew got the coolest wild light toy that spun around but it was broken even before they left!  ha ha - quality gifts from China!) Oh, and dad gave me a silk top/scarf that was pretty but if you buttoned it, your arms were in a straight jacket! Funny!

Dad had a great movie about his trip to China that we all watched. I am excited for you to see the bamboo rafting and the man that sang in Chinese. :)

Love you!!  Mom
(I don't think I can send more than three pictures or it will be too large of a file)


HAHHAHA SO FUNNy he gave Eli a pencil! haha that sounds hilarious. wow--beautiful pictures! love them!
what a fun Chinese party! haha just wait... we'll have some good traditional chinese parties sometime ;)

Dear Karli,

I love you so much. I already sent you a letter but wanted to include some pictures. Yesterday we had a blast taking Becky & Tim's family pictures. I have a thumb drive for them - but I just wanted to give you a little peek at these pictures. We took these at the same place that Mary took your Precious Promises CD pictures!!  And the fall leaves are just gorgeous too. I don't know which pictures Becky will choose but all I know is that all of the photos are so cute it will be very hard to pick!

After the pictures we went to "Grandma's House" and we had a Chinese Dinner with chopsticks, and all decorated up. Debi surprised me and bought a super cute centerpiece and some Chinese desserts to go along with the dinner. It was so much fun. Dad gave out his Chinese presents to the boys (the boys all loved their presents except for poor Eli. I don't know why dad gave him a pencil! LOL  He immediately said, "I don't like this one!"  And Andrew got the coolest wild light toy that spun around but it was broken even before they left!  ha ha - quality gifts from China!) Oh, and dad gave me a silk top/scarf that was pretty but if you buttoned it, your arms were in a straight jacket! Funny!

Dad had a great movie about his trip to China that we all watched. I am excited for you to see the bamboo rafting and the man that sang in Chinese. :)

Love you!!  Mom
(I don't think I can send more than three pictures or it will be too large of a file)


HAHHAHA SO FUNNy he gave Eli a pencil! haha that sounds hilarious. wow--beautiful pictures! love them!
what a fun Chinese party! haha just wait... we'll have some good traditional chinese parties sometime ;)


I love you Karli!
Well, it's officially fall weather- cool and rainy. Here are some pictures from our family!


Karli,
I am so grateful for you!! I am so grateful we didn't stop at four kids!  I am so grateful that you are serving a mission in Hong Kong! I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon! I am so grateful for Bishop Knecht! I am so grateful for dad! I am so grateful that I come from such a big, loving family! I am so grateful that the atonement can heal all wounds. I am so grateful that we have Tyler at home with us! I am grateful for my health! I am grateful for my cozy bed! I am grateful I get to sing in the Messiah! I am grateful I get to go to a fireside tonight! I am grateful it's your birthday on Dec 7th and that I already am sending you a fun package tomorrow! I am grateful that I get to be chorister and teach the darling kids how to sing! I am so grateful that I always have the perfect friend in my life when I need some help or someone to talk to!
I could go on for hours!!!
You are so awesome Karli!!!
Thank you for teaching me the secret to happiness! Gratitude!!! And knowing I am a daughter of our Heavenly Father.
I don't know if you know this but Wael had a stroke.  He is in the hospital in Beirut for a month until he recovers more. He can talk and everything but he feels things much more deeply. He wrote to me and every day calls a LOT. One day I woke up to 63 missed calls. He thinks of our family like his own and really loves all of my children. He actually thinks you are all angels. So please pray for him! He really wants to get something for your birthday and so he asked me if I could.
I went to the temple last Tuesday (I'm going every Tues at 5:30 and love it) and all throughout the session I felt a little like I wonder why Heavenly Father isn't answering my prayers? And I heard the spirit whisper, "Because these two hours you are concentrating on the work that needs to be done. " But in the celestial room, I felt a down pouring so strongly of the spirit and special answers.  I know all of our lives we hear, "We are daughters of our Heavenly Father who loves us and we love him."  But after going throughout the temple, I felt, "You are a DAUGHTER of GOD, and He LOVES you. "  it was just so wonderful to feel those blessings! And to know that!!
This week was fun.  On MOnday night was Eli's bday.
Next I'm sending pictures of the China night!!
Love, Mom


Mom, I loved your letter so much! thank you for sharing what you are grateful for! Im so grateful you are going to the temple once a week. that is seriously so important! I love that! Heavenly Father truly notices our sacrfice to set aside things of the world and set these times to put Him first; especially through temple attendance, daily study and prayer, and church service. love it. we are so lucky to have temples! i love that so much. its crazy because I pretty much had the same experience in the temple last week haha!
you are sending me a bday package??! haha wow i can't believe you! You are so thoughtful! Ive been going crazy over those cacao smoothies. they have cheap soy milk here, so i eat cacao nibs with soy milk and oats... so yum. i loooove it. thanks for everything. i love you! thank you for putting the gospel first! Love, Sister Karli Bosler

No comments:

Post a Comment