"I can't believe my life!" November 12th, 2014

WOOOWW. i still can't believe my life! I still can't believe I am a missionary! The mission is special because every day I learn an insane amount; whether it's a life lesson, a gospel question answered, more language vocab, how to become a better teacher, and even how to change. I love having this time to learn so much and progress!

SO much has happened though. We put on an activity last night where we took 2 days of meal times to prep sugar cookies so that we could all make them at the activity. haha man i love the chinese, because most people didn't even like them! they thought were too sweet!! haha i just LOVE this culture! amen to that. but it turned out really successful, we had a lot of people come! and the members were soooo great at fellowshipping and even scheduled 2 family home evenings with 2 different investigators! those. are. the BEST!

Pok Fu Lam is requiring a LOT of faith right now. our ward has been fasting for 40 days (a family/person a day) and we have seen the effects for sure. but we just need to put in a LITTLE more effort! We taught Marlo yesterday and her faith is as strong as ever. it's still her husband though. pray that his heart will soften please!!!

but I just wanted to let you all know that one thing i've learned this week is how powerful gratitude is. I am so grateful. I am grateful I am me. I am grateful God trusts me. I am grateful I am His representative. I am grateful I get to work with Sister Richardson. I am grateful for these members in Pok Fu Lam. I am grateful someone made me eat a fried whole fish with eggs in it last night. I'm grateful I hate sugar cookies. I am grateful for blenders. I am grateful for Octopus Cards. I am grateful for nutrition. I am grateful Mom never let me eat puddings/gushers in my lunches at home. I am grateful for the temple. I am grateful Ruby called us back.I am grateful for PohPos on long finding days (the old women who sit all over HK and just smile and white girls who can speak Cantonese) I am grateful to have this challenge of learning Cantonese. I am grateful for Hong Kong. I am grateful for work ethic my parents taught me. I am grateful I have trained for and ran a marathon.  I am grateful for miracles. I am grateful I love music. I am grateful for the guidance of the Holy Ghost. I am grateful I got called too obedient and too optimistic. I am grateful to finally have investigators to stress over and pray over. I am grateful to change. I am grateful for you. I am grateful for the Book of Mormon, for this gospel of Jesus Christ. And over everything, I am so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I LOVE LIFE!!! ah. Just try it, one day, just make the extra, hard effort to think of every single tiny thing you are grateful for. It changes your life. I'm now even grateful for Crocs!

I love you all so much! Thank you for your love and prayers! Keep reading the Book of Mormon, it changes lives :)

Love, Sister Bosler

Talk to you on Monday! The temple trip changed our schedule again. pics next week, i forgot my cam!

I'm so happy to hear about the Book of Mormon. I loved your letter! But i feel the same. The BoM truly has answers to every thing; thank you for sharing! It made me cry! Maybe I've just been extra emotional today because Ive already cried a ton! haha the mission will do that to ya!
thank you for serving missionaries!

Im so happy for Julie! yay!!!

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 2:30 PM, Kim Bosler <kimbosler@mac.com> wrote:

Hi Karli!!! Sister Bosler!

Well, this week has been great. First of all, dad went to Las Vegas to go to his implant course with Dr Carl Misch and guess what - he is now in the top 1% of all dentists in the nation, learning from the very best. He LOVES learning. So I went with him. We landed in LV at 10 pm and he was so tired but I really wanted to rent a car so I could go to the temple the next day. I had pre-paid for a car but THEY RAN OUT OF CARS. It took us two hours to get one and it was expensive too but I remember the prophet saying there was no sacrifice too great for the temple.

We woke up and dad went to his course and I went to the temple. It was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.  SO BEAUTIFUL.  I can't wait to go to it with you some time!  I learned so much in the celestial room.  We are so blessed to have temples.  I almost felt self-indulgent, like I was at a Heavenly Spa or something. And to go from the Las Vegas STRIP to the temple is like night and day. I was so glad to get out of the downtown strip and into the temple.

I am in love with the Book of Mormon. I've been reading every day and now I can't wait to read each day -- it seems there is always an answer to what ever I am seeking inside. Karli, why are we so blessed?! How do people get through life without the gospel?? How do they find happiness and joy and peace?  Thank you for doing what you are doing.

Tonight the missionaries came over so we could say goodbye to Sister Reid.  She actually goes home tomorrow.  WOW. That was so fast. We will miss her sooooo much!!!

Anyway, it's now a tradition that whenever anyone leaves their mission, they come over and we give them a Precious Promises CD!!! That's what they all request. Plus I put in their gift back a ton of other little fun gifts and goodies. So fun! Thank you for doing that CD that everyone loves and wants so much!

OK - picture time!!

From Derick & Julia:

Kim,
We love to read Karli's letters! She is so great! We saw the missionaries in a Cancun ward on Sunday. It was so fun to talk to them and think about our sweet nieces on their missions.
We are having a great time! This place is so beautiful! We went to this waterpark called Xplor yesterday. It was incredible! They had dozens of zip lines, Miles of underwater caverns where you could swim paddle these little boats. They had ATV side by sides that you drive around on these trails, and an all-you-can-eat buffet with awesome food. You would have enjoyed that chia seed orange or the spinach parsley apple pineapple drink. We started the day with an awesome smoothie bar. We were so tired by the end of the day, but we slept great and Julia dragged me out of bed for yoga, and while she stayed for Zumba class I hit the pool for a great swim.
We're off, but I wanted you to know how much fun we're having and how much we appreciate you. We love you and can't wait to see you at thanksgiving or Christmas whichever one you're coming for.
Love, Derick and Julia

Note from Toshie:

Dear Kim and Bruce

Congratulations on Karli's new assignment !!
I am happy to know that she is making the world a kinder place to live, and she looks always so happy.  Also nice to know she is learning the different culture and seems she is doing very well
about it.

Sorry, I have to miss your Thanksgiving dinner...

Love,  Toshie Drury

From a honeybee friend, Ann Millward:

Thanks so much for sharing, Kim!

Karli is a precious angel passing God's thoughts wherever she goes.  As I read her words I could hear her mother's voice.  You, too, are love in action!

Ann


Note from mom:  We received a very special letter from Karli's mission president regarding her new assignment as a "trainer." It was send on letterhead adorned with cool-looking Chinese characters. He said such nice things about Karli and about her special responsibility now as well as how she will influence the new missionaries as well as the mission. He expressed his gratitude for our family and his letter was just so uplifting. We are so happy that she is having such great experiences and has such a caring and thoughtful mission president.  Much love!

Kaitlin and Scott's Family Picture Christmas 2014
Becky and Tim's family picture Christmas 2014

These are pictures Sister Karli Bosler sent from an activity night they had recently:


















Photos from Becky & Tim to Sister Karli Bosler









1 comment:

  1. Thanks again Kim. I can't help but get all teary eyed WHENEVER I read her letters...sometimes I think" I want to be a missionary!" Any way, she is a great person and I have a lot of respect for her. I love the "Crocs" comment btw, haha!
    Stephanie
    Karli: what!!! ah someone needs to tell her thats the spirit testifying to her of truth! man. that's amazing. honestly, you need to have a chat with her and tell her what the spirit is! man God is totally preparing her. that's incredible.

    Karli,
    I am so grateful for you!! I am so grateful we didn't stop at four kids! I am so grateful that you are serving a mission in Hong Kong! I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon! I am so grateful for Bishop Knecht! I am so grateful for dad! I am so grateful that I come from such a big, loving family! I am so grateful that the atonement can heal all wounds. I am so grateful that we have Tyler at home with us! I am grateful for my health! I am grateful for my cozy bed! I am grateful I get to sing in the Messiah! I am grateful I get to go to a fireside tonight! I am grateful it's your birthday on Dec 7th and that I already am sending you a fun package tomorrow! I am grateful that I get to be chorister and teach the darling kids how to sing! I am so grateful that I always have the perfect friend in my life when I need some help or someone to talk to!
    I could go on for hours!!!
    You are so awesome Karli!!!
    Thank you for teaching me the secret to happiness! Gratitude!!! And knowing I am a daughter of our Heavenly Father. MOM
    I love you Karli!
    Well, it's officially fall weather- cool and rainy.
    (Becky sent great pics of her kids!!)
    Karli: pleases send to me!!! i want to print it out and show people! you guys are beautiful. love you

    ReplyDelete