Happy Chinese New Year!! February 22, 2015

It's been a CRAZY past few days!!! This week when we were doing some studies, randomly chinese drums started playing so we all ran to the roof to see what was going on! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Haha everyone here celebrates BIG TIME. At church yesterday, we got $650HK from Red Pockets. or Lai Sze. it's too funny--during this holiday, everyone just gives money away and eats with family and friends. 

Last Pday we went to a chinese fair. it was way cool and way packed. many traditional things like cool flowers and fruits I've never seen before! haapy year of the lamb! :) 

this week we had deep cleaning day. it's the chinese tradition! we literally deep cleaned all day. and i was in the kitchen for 5 hours! haha it was really fun though actually.  there's literally been no one on the streets the past 4 days because of the new year. 

I've been reading a lot about one of the greatest gifts God has given us: mercy. what is it exactly? I used to think it was just giving someone a second chance when they don't deserve it. I guess in a way, it is, since we are all imperfect and God always, always gives us second chances. But it is so much more! God gives us mercy through many ways like answering our prayers. Blessing us through the Priesthood authority. and giving us the guidance of the Holy Ghost. the more we receive His mercy, the more humble we become. the more we develop Christlike attributes like forgiveness, meekness, and love for others. Most Chinese do not see a need for Christ. It breaks my heart at times, but it has strengthened my testimony of the Savior even more. I have the biggest need for a Savior more than anyone. He helps me and supports me in every aspect of my life. It's been an incredible adventure, because I have been through moments of just relying on myself, and then I've felt the huge difference of relying on the Lord. He loves us so much!
Never forget the gift of mercy He has given us :)
Happy Chinese New Year! 

on our way to our area and ran into a dancing dragon and drums! 

cleaning day! 

and would you rather die than eat this? me too! :) 

Love, Sister Bosler






2 comments:

  1. Hi Mom!!

    how long are the forgein exchange students with you for? SO CUTE!! haha they are adorable! Tyler has to learn some mandarin!

    mom you are SO SKINNY. i want to be skinny. haha it's a struggle here sometimes for that reason! There's seriously no way you can with only 30 mins of exercise on the roof.

    don't worry, I've been praying for you and .... just keep loving and keep close to the Lord. He will make everything work out, I know it. Sister Richardson's family went through a year of her nieces and nephew not being allowed to see her brother, but only through sincere prayer and the Atonement of Christ, their family was back together again. don't lose the faith or patience!

    tyler is so cute. he's the coolest ever!

    love you,

    Love, Sister Bosler

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karli – I just wrote you a big letter today at church because it was your turn to be the missionary in the program. ❌⭕️❌⭕️❌
      We have two adorable Chinese foreign exchange students with us and it's fun. They are so cute! Dad LOVES talking to them in Mandarin. They are so polite and shy.
      I'm going to now work on my picture page for 2014 because grandma Thomas is having a party in a few days and there are no exceptions. Everyone has to have theirs done! LOL
      I wanted to show you the cute blanket that I finally finished for Stella for blessing day. I also bought a little lamb that reminds me of the lamb that Brooke carried around for 25 years.
      I'm reading a great book called A Christ Centered Life by James Cox. Man I think it would be such a great missionary manual!! I know you live that way already but I think you'll love reading it when you get home.
      Have a wonderful day!!!
      I love you❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

      Delete