MIracles happening AS WE SPEAK :)

YESSSSSSSS the best week by far!!!!!!!!!

First of all can I tell you the craziest miracle so far? Well AS WE ARE SPEAKING, Sister Cheung and I are emailing in the apple store on the island, and a random guy who speaks Mandarin came up to us and said he wants to come to church!! AHHH! and we're actually an hour behind schedule-- thank GOODNESS! What a miracle! Sister Cheung is talking to him right now - literally right now - and she's getting all his info and the Mandarin elders are on there way! I have no idea what they're saying though because it's not Cantonese.... well... i probably still wouldn't know if it was cantonese, haha but this is INCREDIBLE! My heart is pumping and I'm so excited for this man! The work is hastening! wow! we both keep looking at each other freaking out! :) he just left and she told me he's meeting the Elders tonight at 7 in Wanchai! hahaha ahhhh so cool!!!! love this place!

Have i ever told you how INCREDIBLE HONG KONG IS?! it's seriously the coolest place in the world! I love the weather, too. it's so stink in hot and humid, but i honestly love it. we sweat like crazy every day, but it's so fun. we finally made up the phrase "Sweat is Satan crying." haha oh man, missionary jokes... the best...... but especially at night, the weather is just gorgeous! and everything over looks water and the buildings are just so cool and the people are SO UNIQUE. haha the people. you have to come to hong kong and just people watch. haha. it's especially fun trying to contact them. sometimes they actually scream because I'm a random white girl who stops them on the street to happily talk to them. or sometimes they just start running away from me. haha this week i have a funny story about finding. so there was this nice looking dad on a bench, so we came up to him to talk to him. and here's the convo:

"hello sir! how's your day going?"
he smiles and says, "bye bye!"
"great! well, we have a wonderful message to share with you about--"
"bye-bye!"
"Jesus Christ and--"
"bye-bye!"
and then I meant to just bear testimony about how He loves us, but I accidentally said "and I love you so much." ....and then it was silent and Sister Cheung and I just turned and walked away. hahaha she just grabbed my arm and was shaking of laughter and said "do you know you just told him you love him?" haha it was so great, because I so sincerely said it. man, they love us here! ;)

This week I had a huge miracle! We were on our way to Wanchai bc we had our first exchanges! So when we got on the bus, i sat next to a woman and literally held conversation with her the whole entire bus ride!!!!!!!!! Okay, i can not tell you one thing about her, nor could i understand her, but i can pick out certain words and ill just repeat them back and nod my head, smile, and laugh. then start talking about either my family, ask her more questions, or just refer back to the gospel. or just give her a different flyer and invite her to another activity. it was so cool though! But Sister Cheung was so proud of me!

I have SO MUCH to thank Heavenly Father this week for! actually... praying is my most favorite thing. i literally smile and cry of happiness while praying sometimes. God hears our prayers! man, I feel SO much closer to Him than ever before! I truly know He lives and loves each and every one of us. He answers our prayers through the most amazing ways. We just have to be patient and have faith. This week I have been strengthened SO much. I am loving it here! I absolutely LOVE scripture study. if you want to make your scripture study more effective, use Preach My Gospel! Right now I'm working out of the last pages of ch 5, the Book of Mormon. it's incredible!!!!! The Book of Mormon is the biggest blessing we have here on Earth! I know with all my heart it is the word of God. We are so blessed to have both the Bible and the Book of Mormon. We are so blessed to live in this  time!

Another miracle! So i still haven't been able to teach the whole Restoration yet. Finally I made it a goal one day to just hold the Restoration pamphlet and be able to teach it to SOMEONE. and boom. a nice, 20 year old girl listened!!! And I got to recite the whole First Vision and everything! wow- I felt so excited, and the spirit was so strong. yet she still wanted nothing to do with it. It's crazy though, she ended up respecting us SO much. There's another woman named Jenny  who just LOVES us, and she hates her life and says she has no money and no one loves her (yet she lives in the most expensive place in Hong Kong- Cyberport) but both these woman respect us so much and say they feel so peaceful around us--but they can't see how it connect with the gospel. they say they're too busy worrying about themselves to worry about a God. ahh. come on... "take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself." "for your heavenly Father knoweth that you have need of all these things! Byt seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." wow! I just know with all my heart that when we lean unto God and give ourselves wholly to Him and recognize how much we truly need Him, He will take care of us. He will strengthen us. He will guide us and shape us into stronger, more valiant and happier people! He is incredible. This is His plan for us-- not for us to just live life miserably, not for us to not know what to do, who to become, but for us to feast upon His word, lean unto Him, and become like Him! it's so beautiful! 

After I taught the Restoration on the street, we got a last minute scheduled turn over with a woman named Pamela and guess what we taught her? The Restoration :) so awesome! 

Okay I have to talk about Sister Yeung real quick! AHH! I love her! she's the deaf one and she's progressed so much! We did a fun interactive lesson where I was blindfolded, trying to find Christ and how Christ is lightt. it was so fun! SHE LOVED IT!!!! And CAME TO CHURCH and is COMING NEXT WEEK!!! And she prayed probably like 5 times throughout our lesson! And then she even tried teaching her son to pray! that made my heart melt. it was the happiest moment of the week, to see her progress and know that Christ is light! It was so awesome! Pray for Sister Yeung! And please keep praying for Helen! Her mom still isn't letting her receive baptism, so we pushed her date back a couple weeks. man. but please do not lose faith! :) she's amazing and loves church and loves the gospel! also, if any of my awesome sisters have some good FHE ideas to simply teach the gospel for little kids, please let me know! (It will be for Sister Yeung). we need ideas! 

OH! and pray for Bishop Chan's parents! We meet them twice a week now (she made us a DISGUSTING dessert and I hated it. oh btw, i also ate a piece of HK cake on sunday ahhh.) So Chan Mama is super against the church- she only listens to help me with my Cantonese, but Chan Papa is SO CUTE and said he'll pray on his own! I love him. yay. :)

Love you all! this gospel is absolutely the BEST! families are forever. 

Here's a missionary affirmation i'm going to think about all week:

"I focus on Christ. I think and act in Christlike manner. I soak myself in the scriptures and feast on the words of Christ. He is the center of my life. I love Him. I am so grateful for His sacrifice for us."

Family, I am so grateful that we can live together forever. What a miracle. Miracles happen every day!

Love always, Sister Bosler


PS HAPPY FREAKIN LATE BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!! How was it? what did you do? I love your letters! it's so true, the most important thing in the world is family! Please send more and more pics in the mail and email! We don't pick up mail often but whenever we go to Wanchai we do :) I love you! 
At the temple 2 weeks ago!
 And Mong Kok! Fam -- we've been here together!

No comments:

Post a Comment