Ni hao!!! March 22, 2015

hi fam!!

another incredible week. :)

First, I'm now speaking mandarin in the mission!!!! kaai waan xiao. jk. i wish. i want to speak mandarin sooooo bad! i ask Sister Wu from Taiwan questions all the time. i love her to death! but, everyone 'prepared' is from China. no joke. we met the cutest college student named Andrea. we talked to her for a long time about her life. she had never tried praying before, so we carefully and simply taught her the power of prayer. man we're lucky. anyway, after Sister Anderson said a prayer, Andrea looked up and said, "why did you pray for me?" sister Anderson said, "because I care for you, and God loves you." Andrea thought for a second and said, "I will try that."
The power of prayer is so real! God absolutely hears us! We rescheduled her and taught her with the mandarin sisters. so this lesson was all in mandain! i understood probably about 30%? haha it was so fun though!! hong kong is so cool.

okay, scratch that. hong kong is SO not cool. summer is COMING. we are so scared.... haha summers here are insane!

Yesterday, Sunday, a member in our ward gave a talk. he's been home for his mission about 5 or 6 years now. but his talk was very powerful and really got me thinking.

21 And now as I said concerning faith—faith‍ is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope‍ for things which are not‍ seen, which are true.
 22 And now, behold, I say unto you, and I would that ye should remember, that God is merciful‍ unto all who believe on his name; therefore he desireth, in the first place, that ye should believe, yea, even on his word.

how many times have we read this scripture? so many! but how important is it? it's the foundation of our beliefs. we must have faith. this brother shared about a friend who has fallen away from the church. ah, that is so hard for me to hear! But what I know, is that we must do all we can to strengthen our faith every day.
Others may offend us. we may spend hours trying to fulfill a calling in the church and just feel unappreciated or exhausted. or, we might even find ourselves testing and challenging true doctrine. if that is the case, forget yourself, and pray to the Lord. Call up the missionaries and ask them if you can help them teach. Bear testimony. Learn from the missionaries faith and from the investigators who are willing to completely change their lives for what they are finding out is true. THere is nothing in this gospel that isnt good. if we think there is, then that is just our lack of faith in Jesus Christ. and if you dont know yet if it's good or not, 'even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you' until you one day will also know of these eternal truths and happiness. I know God loves us. I know we are His children. I know Joseph Smith restored Jesus Christ's original, true church. I know The Book of Mormon helps us come close to Christ and know for ourselves that these things are true. We are not perfect, but this gospel is absolutely 100% perfect.
Ask God again, and He will answer you :)
I'm so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ!
I love you!

Love, Sister Bosler



i ate cow stomach. COW STOMACH. haha so weird.

 This is my birthday cake. Me sister bosler, bishop Jeung and his wife. They are the best and bishop is one of the smartest people that i know. he teaches teachers ho to be teachers at one of the top Universities in the world.

 oh and we went to a wedding! :)
 HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISTER ANDERSON!!!! made her cookies for breakfast ;)


 strawberries are insanely expensive but an investigator gave them to us!! yeaaaah!
 more amazing food ive ever seen in my life!!!!! wow!!!




Bishop Cheung's home. SUCH A HUGE HOME. i danced in their bathroom because it was so big and pretty.
these people are incredible!





Note's from Karli:

holy smokes! how long were the missionaries over for?? haha wow, there missions are SO different. I'm so happy you help them feel at home! they must be loving it! haha so fun, they love you!

thanks for serving them :)

wow - VACAVILLE IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!! ah i can't believe! you and steph are SOOO cute! ty is SO tall! haha too fun!


hi mom! how is maranda weigant doing? ive been thinking a lot about her. can you call her up and see if she needs any help with the baby? dont forget about her. she needs this gospel and your service and charity! love you! I JUST READ THIS!!! WHAT!! wow, crazy you just talked about seeing her!! the spirit is so true! awesome. call her up! go to her shower!!
how is jas?? is he going to church??



Dear Karli,
I hope you get it before Easter! You really should. We will be on a cruise with Tyler, Sam, Skyler, Bailey, McKenna, and McKinnley. It's going to be fun! We are all going to to watch conference together in our ocean view room on Sunday.

It's so beautiful here right now and we miss and love you so much. I think you're going to love your Easter package. Your letters are so inspirational Karli and I thank  Heavenly Father every day for you. I hope you can feel His blessings and the love and support you have from Home and from all of your relatives!

I LOVED your last letter on how to measure your life! It is so true!! Wow I can't believe you get that concept at such a young age. You're so amazing. Well that is now on my vision board as well.

I love you!!!

Mom



















No comments:

Post a Comment