Pok Fu Lam Fam Bam!

Hello family!!!

aww man, I have barely any time to write this week!

But first, I love my Pok Fu Lam ward. The wards are incredible! I know I say this every week, but PLEASE do all you can to love the missionaries, because you have no idea how much they love you and how much they want to help you. And you have NO idea what a huge impact you make in missionary work.

I don't remember if I wrote about this before, but we found a lost sheep! Her name is Ashley! Her and her mom haven't been to church in 8 years since they moved, and so we're meeting with them tonight and they really want to come back to church, they just didn't know where it is. We just ran into Ashley on the street!

This week a member named Winkie spent a lot of time with us. Since then, we decided to try to involved a member to do missionary work with us every day of the week. we're super excited and the ward is so great!

But here's what is suuuuper cool: Elder Rasband came and spoke at our Stake Conference! He even gave us an entire mission meeting today- just about an hour ago. Ah. I love it. We had 5 members of the Quaram of the 70 there!

Elder Wong, Elder Gong, Elder Funk, Elder Rasband, and Elder Allen! wow, talk about power in the room. It's amazing because as a missionary--actually, as any normal person, it can be so easy to get so sad, overwhelmed, compare, etc... but i testify that when we focus on our Savior Jesus Christ, all those bad feelings, those insecurities and doubts, are washed away! And all those weaknesses are strengthened--because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Because of His Grace. He is changing me, strengthing me, and building me up every day. I've been focusing my studies on how to be a better teacher, because one thing i really struggle with is being able to understand the people. I definitely can talk better than hear. But if we can't hear, how can we help? This is when relying on the spirit comes in. And oh how important it is to rely on the spirit to teach me what to say and what to feel! and it's incredible how--becasue of the spirit--I can feel their needs. And I can testify of Jesus Christ. I love it so much!!!

Anyway, Elder Rasband talked a lot about our calling and purpose as missionaries. One of our purposes is not just to find those that are ready to be baptized, but to also build up the ward and help them endure to the end. We love members!! We're all a huge family! I'm so grateful for this family I have on earth!

Well, I'm also so grateful for Sister Cheung. I never thought a companionship would be like this, but I'm definitely so grateful for it! She's so wonderful! Keep praying for her because she's the best. Comp unity! :)


WE LOVE POK FU LAM!!! We took this picture and made print outs and are passing them out to members with a little note on the back :) haha we oh so love Pok Fu Lam!!



Here was English class.. this man is a deaf man, and after I tried tying a tie, he was telling me I did an awful job and was showing me how it's done. agh I love our deaf friends


OH MY GOSH quick story: we showed the video Because of Him to a new investigator. Then Winkie bore a strong testimony about seeing her dad again, because he just passed away a year ago, exactly. Then Phoebe (a LA we found) bore testimony about how the atonement of Christ has helped her family overcome smoking. and then, Chan Gam Si (deaf man who just got baptized) walked by and signed "Because of Him." boom. we started bawling. It just hit me how grateful I am for the Resurrection and that Because of Jesus Christ's sacfrice, we too will overcome death and have perfect bodies... which means those deaf people too will be able to hear and talk!! agh i love them! 3 nephi 17 :)

I love you all! thank you for everything! Mom- YAY!!! love the missionaries like your own too!!! I love them!!! ah thank you so much! you have NO IDEA how much us missionaries want to love members and help them! please know how much of a part of missionary work members are! thank you for serving them. OH. AND THANK YOU FOR SENDING ME SMOOTHIE STUFF!! ohhhh my gosh it's seriously making a huge difference in my life. no joke. I LOVE THE APPLE STUFF SO MUCH! every morning a drink a big bottle of the green powder with stevia, then make my smoothie with that apple greens and spiraling and protein powder and frozen fruit and frozen chinese choi. IN HEAVEN. so thank you, so much. and the peaches. ahhh. you have no idea how happy it makes me! i wake up excited for my smoothies! love you so much


Love, Sister Bosler :)
LOVE THE APPLE STUFF SO MUCH! every morning a drink a big bottle of the green powder with stevia, then make my smoothie with that apple greens and spiraling and protein powder and frozen fruit and frozen chinese choi. IN HEAVEN. so thank you, so much. and the peaches. ahhh. you have no idea how happy it makes me! i wake up excited for my smoothies! love you so much



the escalator ruined Sister Cheung's shoe!!!! dying!!!!!!!!!!!


look at the cool places we discovered!!!!





another cute little chinese man.

don't you just love this culture?


From Kim:
Just wanted to add that we had the missionaries over for Sister Reid's 21st b-day yesterday and it was so much fun.  They are all so smart, kind and on-the-ball.  LOVE THEM. Elder Haynie's family has 10 kids and his parents just adopted two foster kids, whom he will meet when he returns. Sister Barker is a triplet and from a large, loving family as well.  We loved learning about each of their families and all the good they do in the world. Really I was blown away.  We are blessed to have such exceptional missionaries here in Vacaville!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment