Karli's first email home: "I LOVE YOU!!!!"

On April 23rd Karli wrote:
Ohhhh my gosh!! This first picture is when I first got my new missionary nametag!!


I need Ty's email so bad! Ty, you're the coolest boy ever. I think about you all the time and how EXCITED I am for you to serve a mission! Holy smokes, if you serve for the right reasons, you will LOVE it. I miss you. Your positive and fun attitude will get you through so many challenges!

Okay soo..

THANK YOU EVERYONE for the amazing little notes! It made me so happy! I was unpacking my second day (hardest days were second and third day), took my shorts out of my suit case and 10,000 neon notes fell out of my shorts. I couldn't stop smiling. Wow you are all the best. Ngoh gnoi leih! (I love you!) 

Mom, thanks a milllion for sending me Dad's blessing. Dad, thanks a million for giving it to me. I love it. Any little note or huge blessing gives me so much comfort here in the MTC.

Huge blessing-- CORINNE BARR!!! All I eat here is the  same salad and pineapple/grapes/banana, and white rice and canned corn or beans. hahaha. So one day I got this MASSIVE package and it said it was from Corinne, full of awesome food I love. Mom, can you ask her for the recipe for those amazing healthy muffins? My companion LOVES them and can't eat sugar, so she's dying for her mom to make us some. 

There are thousands of blessings that happen every day at the MTC. Mt tuhngbuhn (companion) S. Kartcher is my biggest blessing. She is incredible. I love her so much and have already learned SO much from her. One of my favorite things here is Companionship Inventory. FAMILY, I challenge you to use Comp Inventory!! p. 150 of Preach my Gospel! We feel so uplifted after our inventory. Anyway, she always asks me what I'm grateful for today. (who does she sound like? Yup, you got it--DAD) She is always 100% positive. Her email is claire.kartchner@myldsmail.net. Please email her or send her something. I love her to death! Whenever I'm feeling down or stressed about Gwong Dong Waa (cantonese), I think of her and how she's always serving others, always positive, always fun, always smiling and laughing. And she really means it. I laid in my bed for an hour one night just crying and praying for her. Please keep her in your prayers! One thing I've been learning while being in the MTC is how to really love. (man this is the BEST prep for being a mom!) S. Kartchner has an extremely hard time learning Cantonese. I started getting frustrated when we planned our first lesson (yeah--on FRIDAY! we've taught a lesson per day since then, besides Sunday.) because I felt like she was pulling me behind. She has the hardest time pronouncing anything. Then on Sunday I realized, "wow. I am here to serve. Not just people who don't know about Christ, but also my companion." I have been loving her unconditionally since! I don't care if we don't keep up with the other companions in the district, what I care about is if I'm serving my companion. I feel so happy!!! We're getting along so well!! 

Anyway, in my district, we have 4 elders and 6 sisters. The elders are ALL from England! haha their Cantonese sounds little more proper than ours.. haha! My district is the best. I love them!

So guess what Mom and Dad? Guess who spoke at Tues night devo? Dallin H Oaks!! He was awesome. buuuuuuuuuuut guess who spoke on Sunday night? PRESIDENT UCHTDORF!!!!!!! Ahhhh. (I was singing in the choir and ppl said my name was on the screen a ton! hehe..hi President...) Wow, just wow. He spoke right to me. (except when he said, if you're having a hard time learning spanish, just think 'at least it's not Chinese!' whoop....) He spoke about the Apostle Peter. After the Resurrection of our Savior, PETER FEARED NO MAN. Nothing kept him from raising his voice and being a witness of the Savior. He did NOT know and did NOT care if he would be killed while preaching. He even boldly preached to those that killed our Savior. So what does this have to do with me? Everything. I am a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ. I have been called to be His representatibve. Like Peter, I have taken upon myself to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ! He asked the question, What kind of witness will you be?

Family, what kind of witness will you be? 

I challenge you to read the talk, The Character of Christ by Elder Bednar. Corinne sent it to me, but because she's so in tune with the spirit, we saw it broadcasted on Sunday night. whoa. MIND BLOWING. Please read it! 

Well, one more thing President Uchtdorf said. He said, "training new missionaries is one of the most important leadership positions in the field." I wondered why that is.

Just moments after our amazing devotional with an apostle of the Lord, my Branch President called me and S Kartchner into his office. He asked me to be Sister Training Leader. Um. I can't believe it. I feel so incapable. I am practically the youngest (my comp is 22, 2 other sisters are over 20) and I feel like they all know so much more than me. But wow, Heavenly Father has given me the most amazing opportunity to do all I can to serve my sisters in every way. I met with them one night and just told them I will do all I can to help them in any way. Our STL just left yesterday for Cambodia, and so did our entire zone, but to Thai, Korea, etc. Sooo now it's literally just my district! But every week (starting toNIIIGHT!!!) we have new missionaries coming in! Tonight we have Thai missionaries! yay! Can't wait to help them!! 

I've never prayed so much before in my life than I have been now. The spirit is leading and guiding me in all I do. Last night, we taught Allie (our "investigator") and I was able to bear my testimony on my own, with the spirit. Ohhhh yeah I felt the spirit! It was amazing! I pray 85% in Cantonese now, too! It's awesome! I'm slow in speech, but it's coming. I have SO MUCH FAITH!!! :) I feel so happy all the time! Thursday and Friday were super hard, but it's because I was anxious, I was being competitve with the language, I was worrying about myself. That has all changed. Our branch President's wife said, MTC can stand for Make The Change. I am changing! (i...am...chaaa-a-a-a-ning!) name the song?? Natalie knows it!) 

Oh here's one small example: At Girl's camp, I'd always wake up from someone snoring. I'd get so mad and throw whatever I had in sight at them so they'd wake up and I could sleep again. Hahaha oh man, that is awful. ANyway, here, there's a sister who snores, and I wake up every night. But I literally don't even get frustrated!! It's so amazing! I really feel a change within me already! (however...if you want to send me some ear plugs Mom, that would be greatly appreciated. The lord helps those who help themselves...or who have awesome moms...)

I'm loving it here! Our teacher only speaks Cantonese so Day 1 was soooo exciting and scary haha! I'm loving everything I'm learning! Time is so precious here. The gospel is so perfect in every way. I love you all and think of you all all the time. Please send me your mailing addresses too! 

I know Heavenly Father hears my prayers and leads and guides me in EVERY way of my life, as long as I sincerely ask. Ask and ye shall receive. Knock and it shall be opened unto you. Seek and ye shall find. So true.

I love you. I love being a missionary. I'M A MISSIONARY!!!! 

I am a disciple of the Savior Jesus Christ. Because He is with me, I do not fear.


Love always, Sister Bosler






No comments:

Post a Comment